Dolphins Rule!

Saturday, May 8, 2010 0 comments
CampCaribe 2011 Adventurers are going swimming with the dolphins!  Woo hooooo!
Six months ago, I was on The Big Island (Kona, Hawaii) checking out campgrounds for OBGAC's CampHawaii debuting in the summer of 2012 (I've chosen Kauai instead).  It was my last day on the island, so I decided to sign up for a dolphin encounter at a local resort.  I had been sea kayaking a few days earlier and got a case of motion sickness out in the oh-so-choppy Hawaiian sea (that was a first!), so the dolphins that were playing within a stone's throw of my rocking kayak were of no interest to me.  Instead, I opted for a dolphin encounter at the Hilton Waikoloa Village (and I can't find my pictures!).  What an indescribably awe-inspring delight!  For months, I've wanted to re-live the experience again and again, but alas, I'm back on the mainland and back to life on concrete.  Deep sigh.
But guess what?  (Smiling.)  CampCaribe 2011 Adventurers are taking a day trip to the British Virgin Islands (got your passports, girlies?) and we're going on our very own dolphin encounter!  You will immerse yourself in their world through a snorkeling mask and you will discover a special bond between you and them. They will tenderly say hello with their fins, they will kiss you, sing for you, take you for a ride on their belly and you will be able to swim in Caribbean waters while they jump or play with you. The dolphins will be your pals for the rest of your life. 

OMG, I can't wait!  Are we there yet?!?!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 OBG Adventure Camps™ | TNB