Chee-kah-go!

Sunday, August 1, 2010 0 comments

Today is my last full day in Chicago and I just got back from Shedd Aquarium where I spent half the day staring dreamily at beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, penguins, moon jellyfish, sea dragons, sea otters, and a variety of other sea, river, lake and freshwater life I've never ever seen before.  The beluga whales, also known as sea canaries (because of their vocalization), are my absolute favorite (with the dolphins running a close second) and their graceful and muscular two ton bodies always manage to transfix me.  They are too beautiful for words and for some reason, I always tear up at the sight of them.  You can call me a cry baby if you want to; I don't mind.  I'm hooked on my beloved belugas.  =)
I've been here in Chicago for about a week now promoting OBG Adventure Camps at the Jack and Jill of America, Inc. 39th annual National Convention.  A nationwide group of African-American mothers who nurture future leaders by strengthening children ages 2-19, this convention was The Perfect Place to do a little outreach. 
Not surprisingly, I chatted with a number of moms (and a few dads) from around the nation and as far away as England about the lack of diversity at upper echelon niche camps and I was extremely pleased to have been met with open arms.
I look forward to continuing my outreach with moms from all cultural backgrounds in an effort to create a multicultural waterfront camp experience for all.  It's why I'm here.  And this...as you've heard many times before...is only the beginning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 OBG Adventure Camps™ | TNB