Caring for the Environment

Sunday, September 12, 2010 0 comments
OBG Adventure Camps' Lake Shasta Houseboat Mini-Camp Alumnae 2010
So. We've been back from Houseboat Mini-Camp for less than a week now and even though my head is still up in the awesome twinkling stars at Lake Shasta, I am now officially back to real life. Real life for me means gearing up for the next adventure, assessing what could be improved from the previous camp session, running my small part-time boutique, blogging, fundraising, etc. (not to mention the admin...sigh.).  There appears (as usual) to be so much to do and not enough time to do it in. But I'm enjoying every minute of my life and simply can't get enough of the outdoors and how it helped me and helps other kids grow.
The Adventurers of Houseboat Mini-Camp (Dedriana, Bella, Bola, Sennua, Nia, Ruby, Taylor, Aminah, Simone & Leila) were a GREAT bunch of girlies and camp would not have been the same without every single one of them.  Needless to say, Houseboat Mini-Camp was super fantastic!  (Check out the pictures here.)  We swam, we ate, we hiked, we bonded, we campfired, we played, we read, we celebrated culture, we learned, we laughed, we recycled, we took side trips, we swatted at pesky bugs, and we promised to care for the environment (please see the video below).   And I can't wait to do it all again!  Next stop:  The US Virgin Islands for CampCaribe 2011.  Are you ready?!?!?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 OBG Adventure Camps™ | TNB